|Q2.||SMC7904WBRA-N ~ How to enable wireless encryption|
Model number: SMC7904WBRA-N
Topic: Wireless Encryption (WEP)
Configuration – Configure the Wireless Encryption setting through the router’s admin web via Internet Explorer (IE)
It is highly recommended to configure the Wireless Encryption by wired connection.
- Access into the admin page (http://192.168.2.1/).
- Key in the password to login; default password: smcadmin.
- Click Wireless --> Security --> Choose WEP only, click SAVE SETTINGS.
- Click WEP (which is bottom of Security).
- WEP Mode: 64bit; Key Entry Method: HEX.
- Enter your 10 characters password into KEY 1.
IMPORTANT: your password must be within 0 – 9; A – F ONLY. G above is not allowing in the password.
- Click SAVE SETTINGS.
- Click LOGOUT on the top right hand corner to finish the configuration
Disable WPS for 11b/g client on SMC7904WBRA-N
As 11b/g client is unable to recognize WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), user need to disable WPS manually in order to access the wireless encryption such as WEP or WPA/WPA2.
1) Access to the web admin page (http://192.168.2.1/).
2) Key in the login password, press ENTER or click login. Default password: smcadmin.
3) Click on the WIRELESS à Wi-Fi Protected Setup à DISABLE à Apply Changes
4) Click LOGOUT (upper right hand corner).